Is your inner gardener tired of the ‘off season’?
Mark your calendars to start the 2013 Gardening Season March 9, 2013 and step in to spring.
The 2013 Spring Expo “Let’s Get Growing” sponsored by the University of Minnesota Master Gardeners in Dakota County will be held on Saturday, March 9, at the newly renovated Rosemount Community Center in Rosemount, Minnesota. Doors open at 8:00 a.m. to registered participants who will enjoy a full day of gardening education and activities including a continental breakfast, door prizes, a silent auction, catered box lunch, and a garden marketplace (cash and checks only). Each participant will receive a folder and bag full of coupons, horticultural information, notebook, pen, and more at the registration tables starting at 8:00 a.m.
Keynote Speaker Lynn Steiner, local author, will present “Landscaping with Native Plants: Effective and Acceptable Ways to Use Natives in Gardens and Landscapes.”
Breakout Sessions Include:
- “Sensory Gardens” with Starla and Alice Enger, owners of My Sister’s Garden Center
- “Made in the Shade” with Mike Heger, owner of Amergate Gardens
- “Sustainable Lawns” with Sam Bauer, University of Minnesota Extension Turfgrass Educator
- “Blueberries: Secret Super Fruits” with Tori Clark and Brenda Scheer, Master Gardeners
- “Healthy Soils for Great Gardens” with Bob Mugaas, retired University of Minnesota Horticulture Extension educator and current Horticulturalist and Garden Program Director for the Rosemount Research and Outreach Center
- “Flower Power” with Julie Harris, Master Gardeners in Dakota County Chair and All-American Flower Garden research leader
- “Welcome Wildlife” with Corinne Johnson, Master Gardener and Naturalist
- “Salad Bowl” a hands on course with JoAnne Sabin, Master Gardener
For more information on “Let’s Get Growing” speakers and vendors and to download registration forms, please visit our blog at http://blog.lib.umn.edu/mgweb/dakota/ . Information can also be found at our newly developed website at www.dakotamastergardeners.org/home-2/ .